I feel as if I am being bombarded.
Day after day, story after story, again and again I hear narratives of loss, of hurt, of heartbreak.
We live in such a mortal, broken world. We're surrounded by miscarriages, diseases, death. Life on earth is the absence of perfection no matter how hard we try and escape the rough edges.
I have thought more, learned more in the theories and things of living in the past week than I have in months. Fortunately, they are all through stories of those I know, or simply those who have chosen to share their stories with me. For each narrative, I carry a new perspective and revelation. I carry a new heaviness of what the world drops on our shoulders. What we all carry more of as we live longer.
I'm learning, slowly and surely, perspective. So many people surrounding me focus on something different as their priority, from appearance to survival to relationships to loving. Every priority around me has become so fleeting, so futile, in the face of such mortality. If we have everything stripped away - no more comparisons, no more benefits of wealth, no more guarantees of tomorrow - what is left?
I have only to cling to God and His promises. At least of what I have seen, they are the only things that are not snatched away without warning. They do not wither or fade, they stand forever. What else can I give my living to, but that which will resonate eternally?
No comments:
Post a Comment