Why do I love music so much? Why do songs seem to express so much more than just words, even though they're just lyrics and notes? Maybe God blessed me with a more attuned mentality to this kind of thing, or maybe music just has that special something that touches people when the combination of words and music strikes the right chord (yes, that is an intended pun).
Simply put, I love music as much as the next person. Singing it especially; it's something I'm so passionate about. Since I can't quite imbed songs the way I'd like into this blog post, here are a few lyrical snippets that have touched me this weekend.
"Hey now, this is my desire. Consume me like a fire, 'cause I just want something beautiful to touch me. I know that I'm in reach, 'cause I am down on my knees. I'm waiting for something beautiful."
"Let the songs I sing bring joy to you; let the words I say confess my love. Let the notes I choose be your favorite tune; Father, let my heart be after you."
"Jesus, we're living for your name. We'll never be ashamed of you. Our praise, and all we are today - take it all."
"He was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our sins. The punishment that brought us peace was upon him. And by his wounds, by his wounds we are healed."
That is something beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment