Well, it's done.
I've joined the rat race.
Maybe not entirely...but I amuse myself by labeling my clerical summer job as such. And I can already tell that this job is going to give me some serious food for thought. Basically, when I'm not sorting papers and making copies, I'm being exposed to the world. The environment I've grown up in has been sheltered, to say the least, and my college is less so but still not delving into the whole wide world. And this job isn't, either. But in my first day, I've already seen that it takes a step further from home and college levels of 'sheltered'. I'm interacting and building relationships with people whose lives are so different from mine - from talking about which clothes are best to wear when motorcycle riding to fretting about what will happen when their boyfriend moves in with them, there are many situations they discuss with which I cannot commiserate or empathize.
One thing is for sure: this experience will definitely stretch me, which is great. It's a bit like an "adult-world" trial level, as I'll spend the summer in this type of environment before heading back to school. It'll be a time of seeing more of how all types of people think and act, and why I think and act the ways I do. It'll definitely cause some retrospection, so I'll say it now: blog posts to come. I hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment