Another of college's infamous aspects is the fact that you are now completely in charge of your own schedule. Sure, there are specific times that meals are served, but there's always food to go eat. Yeah, you have classes, but when to do homework is left up to your whim, discretion and desire (shout-out to those of you who caught that...). If I want to go downtown and shop, I go. If there's a late-night fro-yo run, I can just join in. I knew this was coming, and in anticipation, it's really exciting. However, now that I've been at it for a week or so, the novelty has worn off a bit. Perhaps I just haven't fully taken advantage of all the opportunities. I do have the rest of the semester! But I'll just say that there are times when it's so nice to be completely free to do whatever I choose.
There are also times when I just find it kind of annoying. With me at least, without a little structure, there are some things that begin to fall through the cracks just because there's no force or motivation to take the initiative to do them. Of course, I'll simply have to get into the self-motivation mode soon enough, and I'm sure I'll definitely grow to appreciate it more. In the time being, however, being a free-to-do-as-I-wish college student isn't the instant amazingness it's rumored to be. But I'll wait and see.
I caught it.
ReplyDelete=)
ReplyDelete