Thursday, August 19, 2010

Life in the Interim

It seems as if the entire summer has been an impeding countdown to when I'll be moving away to college. Now that it's so much closer - only a week away - my life has begun to be packed up, ready to be shipped off to my dorm. Living life in this interim of carefree summer and moving has been interesting so far.
With lots of my closet packed up, and other college supplies crowding floor space, it feels as though my room and life just can't wait until I leave.
It's an interesting transition because I have never moved before. Packing up everything is a novel experience. And now, when you're the only one in your home to have your life in boxes waiting to go, those last-minute pangs of regret start to pop up.
However, I know this is just for the short term; soon I'll be off, exploring a new campus and meeting a whole new student body. Until then, I'll just have to live with the mattress topper underfoot and convince myself that everything will work out alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment